Friday, February 27, 2009

Letting Go for Lent--Day 3

Day 3 was going well, until a few minutes ago. I had an overwhelming craving for something sweet...a cookie. A chocolate cookie. My favorite butter cookies with an overlay of dark chocolate on top. Like the kind that are sitting WAAAY in the back of my pantry, where I shoved them before I began this Lenten detox.

(Must...stay...strong...)

Instead, I ran and grabbed a handful of strawberries.

*sigh*

I'm doing well with regard to headaches and all of that other stuff. No headaches today, although there were patches of skin that seemed...not sore, but they were painful, as if I had a sunburn or something on those parts. Very odd, and maybe part of the detox. I don't know.

I'm getting used to the unsweetened oatmeal with bits of fruit in it, and unsweetened herbal tea (I love peppermint!).

I will probably need more fruit by early next week. The rain should be done by then.

Hang in there, fellow Lenten folk!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: